In order to connect to our servers from countries with internet restrictions, please follow the steps below:
Make sure you are connecting through the Quick Connect option on our applications with UDP connection protocol;
If you still cannot connect using the Quick Connect, try connecting specifically to Singapore, Japan, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States;
If still no luck using the methods above, we have a workaround with manual connection methods.
Please note that since Linux has a lot of different distributions, the configuration interfaces may vary.
1. Open Terminal (keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Alt + T).
2. Install the OpenVPN client by entering:
sudo apt-get install openvpn
You may be asked to enter your user password to confirm your identity.
Navigate to the OpenVPN configuration directory with command:
3. Navigate to the OpenVPN configuration directory with command:
4. Download OpenVPN
5. Start OpenVPN with a chosen configuration by entering:
sudo openvpn [file name]
sudo openvpn hk153.nordvpn.com.udp.ovpn
sudo openvpn /etc/openvpn/hk153.nordvpn.com.udp.ovpn
6. OpenVPN will ask you for credentials. Enter your NordVPN account login details.
7. You have successfully connected to VPN. To disconnect, open Terminal and press Ctrl + C on your keyboard.