In order to connect to our servers from countries with internet restrictions, please follow the steps below:
Make sure you are connecting through the Quick Connect option on our applications with UDP connection protocol;
If you still cannot connect using the Quick Connect, try connecting specifically to Singapore, Japan, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States;
If still no luck using the methods above, we have a workaround with manual connection methods.
1. Download the OpenVPN GUI application.
2. Open the installer file.
Follow the setup wizard.
3. Once the application is installed, you have to download the NordVPN server configuration files - using these files.
The OpenVPN app uses these files to connect to specific NordVPN servers. In order to download them, click on the links below.
4. Go to the folder where the configurations are downloaded. Click and drag to select the OpenVPN configurations that you have just downloaded, then right-click on them and select Copy.
5. You'll have to extract the configuration files you need to this directory:
5.1. To quickly find the OpenVPN /config/ folder, right-click the OpenVPN GUI shortcut on your desktop and select Open file location.
5.2. Once you're there, click the parent OpenVPN folder in the address bar.
And open the config folder.
5.3 Paste the copied configuration files in the folder. To do that, right-click anywhere in the folder and select Paste:
Click Continue to allow the files to be extracted to the folder:
6. Now that the configuration files have been loaded into the proper folder for the application to detect them, let's open the OpenVPN GUI app itself. Double-click the shortcut on your desktop.
7. Allow the application to make changes to your device that's necessary for a VPN connection.
8. The application will start running in the system tray. It's the area near your clock:
It might also be in the hidden system tray area:
9. Right-click on the application icon, hover over one of the servers and click Connect.
10. Enter your NordVPN username and password and click OK.
11. In a few seconds, the application will connect, and its window will disappear. The system tray icon will turn green and indicate that you are connected when you hover over it: