In order to connect to our servers from countries with internet restrictions, please follow the steps below:
Make sure you are connecting through the Quick Connect option on our applications with UDP connection protocol;
If you still cannot connect using the Quick Connect, try connecting specifically to Singapore, Japan, Canada, the United Kingdom or the United States;
If still no luck using the methods above, we have a workaround with manual connection methods.
1. First, download the NordVPN IKEv2 certificate to your Mac.
Once the download ends, open the certificate file from the Downloads folder.
2. The Add Certificates window will appear. Click Add to add the certificate to the login keychain.
3. Right-click the NordVPN Root CA certificate in the login keychain and select Get Info.
4. Below When using this certificate, find Extensible Authentication (EAP) and IP Security (IPsec) and select Always Trust for both. Leave Never Trust for all the other fields. You will have to enter your Mac password to make these changes. After that, close the keychain.
5. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Select System Preferences.
6. In System Preferences, click the Network icon.
7. When the network screen pops up, click the + icon in the lower left-hand corner of the screen (you must have administrator privileges).
8. The new network screen will pop up. In the Interface drop-down list, select VPN. In the VPN Type drop-down list, select IKEv2. You can type anything you want in the Service Name field — but we recommend calling the service NordVPN (IKEv2). When done, click Create.
9. The settings for the new VPN connection will now be displayed. In the Server Address enter the IP, and in Remote ID enter server domain of a NordVPN server:
10. Click Authentication Settings…. Select Username as the authentication method and type in your NordVPN username and password. Click OK and Apply.
11. You may check the Show VPN status in menu bar box — this will allow you to connect to your VPN from the status bar. Click Connect and Apply.
12. You will now be connected. If you’ve chosen to see the VPN status in the menu bar, you can control your VPN connection from there.